Updates and Batu Pahat
It's been quite a while since I've last posted anything here. *pangs of guilt* Anyway, I'm currently in Batu Pahat and will be here for the coming 5 months before finishing my undergraduate training.
How do I find it here? I'm enjoying it actually. Many of my friends kinda dreaded coming here because Batu Pahat is supposed to be a more ulu place than Seremban. But being a small town boy at heart, I didn't mind it one bit. Personally, the only advantage of staying Seremban is that it's near KL and all the major shopping outlets and also my orthodontist :-P Over here, I get to go back to Kluang when I want to, although I really haven't had much chance to utilize this advantage yet. My weekends are freaking packed! (I've already spent two weekends sleepless because of reports.)
On the other hand, I'm absolutely enjoying the training in Hospital Batu Pahat. The staff are friendly and the environment is nicer. Being a district hospital, the variety of cases is of course lesser but I really have not been affected yet so far. Of course Seremban does have it's own perks and I can actually list them all here
- People in IMU
- Jusco Seremban
- Tembak Laksa (Next to Asia Laksa in Senawang)
- Yong Tau Fu Foo Sam
- Banana Leaf Rice
- Beef noodles in any of the 5 outlets in Seremban
- Starbucks *sniff*
Hmmm looks like food is big on my list. Don't judge me.
The food here definitely trumps Seremban any time. FUIYO. Maybe BP pales in comparison to Penang as a food paradise but after living in Seremban for like 2 years, I've had more than my fair share of mamak food.
Therefore the culinary options here are a godsend. Here are some of the places that I think are worth going for food.
- Segenting Seafood Village. Read about it here.
- Restoran Yong Hoe (Taufu Fa) (Green arrow)
- Laksa place Location here (Green arrow)
- Nasi Beryani Gam (Nasi Beryani Mat Shah and Nasi Beryani Power)
- Japanese food. There's a good restaurant in Jalan Jenang near the laksa place. I forgot the name but you can read about it here.
- The Katerina Hotel. I'm kidding. Serious. No food here. Go away.